Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmasness

Christmas eve day Jesse (my step-sister) and I made the best apple pies ever (well it's a really good recipe and super fun and easy to make!). The evil step-sister, Kate, flew in that day and pretty much made it awful for everyone (that's another story- but needless to say she's not invited for Christmas ever again). Our power went out for a few hours Christmas Eve- which was interesting being 'in the wilderness.' Christmas was lovely- if we block out Kate. My family is crazy. :) The step sisters left the 26th, not speaking to each other.

Saturday Dad, Gail, Jessica (my real sister), Zach (Jessica's boyfriend), and Tim (Zach's friend) all went to a ski lodge for the day. Jessica and I attempted snowboarding. We didn't do too shabby...except when I fell off the ski lift (getting off) and bruised my tailbone! ouch! I had a lot of nice people help me learn to snowboard. :) Dad and Gail were going to go cross-country skiing but they didn't. They hung out in the lodge all day. The boys did all the crazy runs. Jess and I stuck to the bunny hill. Then we went back to the cabin for my famous enchiladas and pool games. Jess and I beat the boys! I somehow got pretty good at pool. We had SO much fun and laughed SO much. It was a great day. I am super sore today, though! :)

I've been at my sister's for a couple days...then Gail and I get to go to the spa on Wednesday!

Oh I got an update from Lucki on Mac (she's watching him for me while I'm away)- apparently he's really mad! I hope he won't be mad at me when I get home! Jessica has two cute cats and the little one went in my suitcase the other day and peed on a shirt!!! He must have smelled my Mac!

1 comment:

Mark Johnson said...

Jenn, the only thing funnier than the cat going in your suitcase to pee, is the mental image in my mind of you learning how to ski... I wish I could have been there!