Monday, November 23, 2009

Update!

It has been awhile since I last wrote but it’s a good time to write you all! I survived my summer working for NASA in Los Angeles…it was a long summer and although paid well I wouldn’t sign up for it again. So I got back to Houston and resumed my teaching job (still Physics and AP Physics C) with the same school. It has actually been a great year! I really love my kids and I really feel like a veteran teacher. I feel like I fit in with the staff (we have a lot of cool new, young teachers in the science dept) and feel more connected to my leaders, too. I started a Rocket Club with some great students and will also sponsor Robotics in January. It’s a good thing I’ve got going! We just got out for Thanksgiving break- a whole week!

I still work for Space Center but instead of the actual teaching over video conferencing, they pay me more to do personal contract work making new lessons for them! It’s infrequent and on my own time, pretty sweet.

I still live in the same apartment with Mac (my cat). I found a fabulous black leather sofa and loveseat for super cheap (I sold my old couches to teacher friends- it worked out perfectly), so my apartment is even cuter now. I have a pretty new bed set, too! Mac is doing great. Love that cat. He’s just as spastic as ever but keeps life interesting!

I’m dating someone! If you’re on facebook you might have seen the photos. J His name is Matt Francis. He’s the same age as me (26) and is from the Dallas area. He did attend some high school in Germany and Korea. He served his mission in London. He graduated from BYU in exercise science and wants to start Baylor’s Physical Therapy program with the Army next fall. Right now he’s a physical trainer (so he’s got muscles…) and he’s working on some pre-req classes for the Baylor program. (muscles and brains!). We met on Halloween---my friend Julie is dating his brother Sam and we all went to our Halloween party together and just hit it off. He asked me over for dinner the next day and we’ve seen each other everyday since! (well, okay he was out of town for a few days but other than that…). We’ve gone shooting, to the opera, a hockey game, to my see favorite singer Regina Spektor, ran 4 miles yesterday, and more! Who knew I’d actually like shooting and running! Maybe it’s just because I’m with a cute boy. He’s so sweet, smart, and funny and we’re just smitten. Although it’s only been three weeks, we’re pretty dang crazy about each other. We spend every minute we can together. I couldn’t ask for a better guy. Even last night he surprised me with candles and our first slow dance to “You are so beautiful”. How romantic!

Right now I’m on my way to Utah to visit my friend Aubrey for the week! Then I’ll probably go to Dallas to meet Matt’s family Friday (connecting flight is in Dallas so Matt suggested I just skip the next flight to Houston and stay with his family for the weekend). I will be in Spokane from December 20th to 30th …then Dallas for New Year’s. Then Las Vegas for Grandma’s 90th birthday in mid-January with all the extended family! Matt will have to come to Washington soon- he just learned how to play cribbage and almost beat me…

Well, that’s my update. I am very happy and feel very blessed to have such wonderful things going on in my life!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Looks like things are going well! We're in Dallas too. Maybe we can get together one of these days when you're up here. I saw on the news you had snow like we did. Craziness! I never knew it could snow in TX.