Sunday, July 5, 2009

a rare friend

Let me tell you about a dear dear friend of mine. We were in the same MTC district together and the same mission.  We became extremely good friends in the MTC and that still continues today. I've been home over three years, so it's almost five that we've known each other. Right now he's in the middle east studying abroad. So cool!  We have a spiritual friendship that is hard to describe.  He was one of the biggest supports I had on the mission. And he claims I was one of his, too. I feel like he is a rare friend because he truly sees me how Heavenly Father would see me.  I know he knows my weaknesses and my strengths (missions do that to ya!) yet he thinks I'm amazing.  He always knows exactly what to say. He believes in me more than I believe in myself most times.  And he knows that, too.  He sees my testimony more than I see it some days. He sees the good I do with my job and opportunities even though I think they're not that great of accomplishments.  He's proud of me.  That's sweet when a friend tells you that.  He also reminded me that if a guy doesn't see me like he sees me then he's missing out.  Talking to him this week shifted my focus a little in terms of what I truly need in a relationship. I need to feel special!  This friend makes me feel that way. Encourages, loves, supports, edifies, builds upon, etc, and it's okay for me to do that back to him!  I need to find a guy like that.  (and you may ask why I don't date said friend...well...it's more complicated than you think. But I've asked the same questions myself more than a few times!).  Anyways, I'm so grateful for this friend and his never-ending love and friendship! 

No comments: