Sunday, December 2, 2007

the last two weeks and two more to go.


Sorry I haven't written in a couple weeks. Goodness! Well, I had turkey day with the Hacketts up in long island New York. They were SO sweet and I had a very relaxing weekend. The trains are the way to travel, let me tell you! They were super nice. Karen is fabulous and Chuck is hilarious and the kids are great. I am used to high schoolers... :)

The next Sunday I gave a talk in Church about how we should Meet our Neighbors this season. We always need more friends and to be kinder to others!

Fun activities: Friday night we had a full-fledge dance party at our Penthouse. It was pretty rockin'- nice speakers and great music and lots of people! It was super fun. Saturday my friend Dan made me breakfast and then I went to a few art museums in DC and then my friend Ryan met up with me to do the "operation spy" activity. That was pretty cool. And our ward had a service auction that raised a bunch of money for some families in our area so they can have a nice christmas. Can you believe it's christmas time? The Washington DC temple has tons of pretty colored lights around the grounds. Quite the sight.

My students are doing alright. They had a test. Some did awesome. Some did not so awesome. They do't like to study. But it paid off for the ones who did. One major success story is that this girl Ayisha at the beginning of the semester was not doing well at all and just struggling. And she's put in effort and she got a B on the test! Phenomenol! Gotta love those moments! I am only teaching for one more week and we have parent-teacher conferences on Friday (why friday?). The last week will be observing ms petree and such. I dunno.

Yeah, two weeks left here! I fly home December 16th to Spokane. I'm kind of torn. I am so ready to move on a have a real job and move to houston...but I will miss DC- especially the people here. They've become my friends! I did purchase a mattress (queen size sealy pillow top...) that will be in my apt by the time i get there! That's exciting. But the 36 hour drive to houston- not exciting.

Eh. We'll see what adventures lie ahead in the next week. Chao!

1 comment:

Kassi said...

I like your hair a little darker, it looks really cute, as always!