Monday, November 19, 2007

Let me just tell you a little about him...

This is an email my old and dear Institute teacher wrote me. We have been in touch long since my days at the University of Washington and my mission. I have always felt very close to him and care deeply about his opinion and thoughts. He just sent me this email and quite frankly, it may just be the most beautiful truth out there. It brought tears to my eyes.

Jenn,

I appreciate being in your address book. I cannot respond to all of your wonderful letters but just wanted to take a moment this time and let you know that I am still here and have such fond memories of you as a student and the wonderful letters you sent from your mission.

What I have to say will make likely make little difference in your feelings but I will say it anyway. I was of course sad to hear that the dream you felt was coming true dissolved in such a painful way. I have seen so many things like this happen with young people over th
e years. Yet there is always a happy ending.

You are a first class person. Greatly blessed will be the man who will be fortunate enough to earn your trust and heart to the extent that he will have the privilege of kneeling across an altar from you.

By this last episode you just cleared another obstacle to finding him...or letting him find you. Let me just tell you a little about him. He will be so taken by the rich gifts that you possess that he will be
willing to offer you his life, all that he has and ever hopes to have, just for the chance of winning your heart and fulfilling his dream of having you smile upon his overtures of affection and his desire to share eternity with you. It will take his breath away to think of winning your heart and together blessing this earth with a family. He will strive to be a better person, to honor his priesthood, prove his trust, fidelity and worthiness to you. He will draw closer to God because of you for he will offer many prayers on your behalf.

You will recognize his goodness by how he will strive to become a better person just from being in your presence. Each time he is with you he will seek to honor you, to bring you happiness and earn your trust and love.

That is the man who is out there praying to be led to the woman of his dreams. Don't settle for less. It won't take you long to recognize each other when you meet. Walk into that relationship with the majesty, grace and charm of the princess you are and watch him rise to meet you.

Take care,

Love,
Bro. Holliday

No comments: