Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Looking Older. New Bike, Turkey Ducks

I am trying to look older. I went to Sephora (a makeup store) and asked what I could do. Here is their advice- get my brows waxed and shaped to a classic thin arch (apparently only older ladies do this). Went and had meticulous chinese lady wax by brows, check. I also got my lip waxed. haha. Second advice was to wear eyeliner. I never do. But it does make a difference. like it, check. And lastly to wear bright lip colors. Bought some new colors, check. At least half a dozen gals (students) noticed the difference and said I looked very pretty today. WOW! Guess it does work.

So I rode my bike to school today! I just bought a new bike- a northstar La Luna road/hybrid bike. It's got 24 gears and neat fenders. It's dark grey. My helmut has pink accents, however. I bought it at a nice bike shop, it was almost half off. I love it. It's a great bike!
I only live .6 miles away from school- so that's perfect. I keep it inside at my apartment and at school for safety.

On Saturday I went to a crawfish boil and got to go canoeing. I saw a gator! Yeah, when we were out on the canoe he was on the side. Awesomeness! There are the weirdest wildlife here in Texas. I saw buzzards, vultures, geese, ducks, a gator, and these weird things that look like a hybrid of turkeys and ducks. Ugly little things. A goose tried to attack my shoe. scary. But the parks here are really really pretty!

No comments: