Saturday, May 17, 2008

ups and downs











The move was last Friday, the 10th. My friend John helped from 11:00 am on! I took a half day (which is 10:30!!!) to start moving. We got a lot of the boxes out by the time 5 other boys (jonathan, jacob, sean, richard, and james) came to help out. We moved all my big stuff (bed/dresser/bookshelf) and then put together all the other stuff (table, chairs, sofas, end table, coffee table, tv stand)... It got all done that evening! Amazing! It looks more than fabulous. I love it. And the carpet is SO soft! It was fairly painless!

The grand tour:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2181551&l=6687c&id=17825146

My friends are great. They make me laugh so much. And they help make life bearable. I went to Dallas last Saturday with 5 other chruch friends- we went to the Dallas temple and then toured downtown- like where JFK got shot... neat little day trip. Lots of driving, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

I made it through Mother's Day okay. I never like it though. I miss my mom so much. So much. I did go to Church and then Jonathan came over in the evening for dinner. (we've decided to be just friends- which is the best for both of us- and we still see a lot of each other)

Did I tell you about the progress with my Chem Com class? The delinquents? Well we started growing some sunflower seeds- they have a science fair-ish type project due...we put different acids and phosphates in the soil to see if it'll affect the growth. It's growing a lot in just a week!!! They still swear a lot and it almost made me so annoyed I was about in tears yesterday. I need to call their parents. It's REALLY hard to teach them. And my normal classes are getting restless- we only have two weeks of instruction then finals week. But I have so much to teach them until the end and they always whine. It's getting annoying. I want to do my job, goodness. The Nasa thing for the summer will be good- as long as I start getting stuff ready for next year in the mean time. Man. So much to think about. I might explode.

I have an annoying neighbor girl. Well, I shouldn't say that- but she's 14 and asked me the other day if I had a phone charger, which I had one that fit her phone, so I let her borrow it. Then Monica asked me to teach her how to park (her mom has a disability so she can get her license early)... and I couldn't say no so the next day I did. Then she asked what I was doing that evening, and I was going to a play with my friend at school because I had a couple students in it...and she asked if she could come. So I said yes. Then the next day she came over again! I think she went out of town- hence why she hasn't been over. I am not her parent! Nor should I feel like I have to hang out with a 14 year old who has a really weird life. Ack!

I had an open house party last night- that was fun. I'm currently waiting for the cable guy- who's an hour and a half late from his 'window time'.... and they lost my last order...so it's really annoying as well. I need to leave my apartment to do stuff, peoples!

So that's my life. Full of imperfections. I am really trying to keep positive, but I just need school to be out.

1 comment:

JohansenWest said...

Hey this is Charity (former visiting teacher?). Your blog was on your facebook page and I am pretty much addicted to blogs so I wanted to stop by and say hello. Your blog is terribly cute and it's fun to know what's going on with you. Also love the apartment! If you're like me and need more blogs to visit, you're welcome to visit mine johansenwest.blogspot.com . Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hello.