Saturday, July 12, 2008

Miss Girly Enjoys Time Off


I love my life. It's always an adventure!! So I'm definitely learning patience with the stupid NASA job. Apparently, John (our male boss) is a super jerk and is known for that throughout the whole Space Center Houston. I will meet, calmly, with his boss this week to discuss my issues (uh, lack of training and communication!! Instead of saying the screwed us over, which is true as well). I work part time next week (what the heck?) and then the next week I'll be at Rice University for an AP Physics C training! I'm excited for that. I've been studying my physics- I have my teacher test August 2nd. Then Jessica comes the next week! I'm stoked. I need to hide my credit cards till then. haha.

Fun things I did this week because I didn't work---
1. went to the beach with friends, it's like 30 min away. Fabulous warm, yet salty water.
2. Shopping. Duh.
3. Reading a ton. Right now I'm reading PS, I love you. MUCH better than the movie. My other recommendations are anything by Sophie Kinsella- she write the Shopaholic series- Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan and three more in that series. I just found out she has a new book! Can't wait to read it. I relate to her characters very much. Except I'm not in debt like that! haha. They're british authors. awesome.
4. Music! Pandora.com is amazing. My new favorite artist, kinda quirky, is Kate Nash. Such great funny, British songs.
5. Moving things to my classroom. My classroom, the new one, is being used until the 24th, but everything is at least in the store room. So soon I can set up my new room. Can't wait!
6. Uh, studying physics. nerd.
7. Exercising a lot! (hooray!) I'm working on my abs. They are rather soft. haha. Sam thinks it's cute. Like I'm skinny but my abs just don't exist. working on it...
8. Eating tons of veggies and fruits. I'm proud of myself. I am loving this great new habit.
9. Swap Meet with girls from church- we brought all our old clothes and swapped clothes! I got some dang cute stuff and cleaned out my closet!
10. Played with Mac. He loves company and loves playing
11. Got lots of sleep
12. Dates!
13. Contemplating quitting. If things don't go well with Allison this week I totally will.
14. Enjoying not having stresses of work!
15. Getting pulled over. It was just a warning. I was late to my derm. appointment and my doctor said that cop pulls everyone over! haha. Oh well. I got microdermabrasion treatment for my scars on my chin. So my skin is reallllly dry right now, but it'll get better...


So Danielle, Luke, and Danielle's roommate Rory are on this crazy long road trip throughout the country! They called me Thursday morning to say they're in Austin and were headed to Houston! So I got to see them Thursday night! They crashed at my place for a couple days, even though I already had made plans to go to Dallas Friday for the weekend... so random. They had a blast with my Macster, too. I left them fun things/places to do... And at least I got to see them and let them use my apartment! Danielle gave me the prettiest earrings she made! :) How sweet. I hope they had fun!

I had a blast in Dallas! Tammy lives there with her hubby. And she's in beauty school. So I went and got a pedicure (with cute flower art on my toes) and a french manicure and such! We went and got cute earrings, I bought a really cool hair extension that's all cute and curly...will show pictures...we're such girly girls. And we LOVE laughing about the mission. We were the funniest companions. She's the one who peed her pants, and the one I was with when I ate too many beets and had 'issues', and also when I got my arm stuck in the bus door, or when we had ants all over our valentine cookies and still gave them out....man we were so funny. So it's been priceless girl time together. Totally awesome.

Whew.

No comments: