Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rich Teachers

Yes, it's true that teachers don't get paid as much as most people even though our job is important, time consuming, and something that not everyone could do (anyone wanna teach physics? yeah, didn't think so). But, I find that I am not in the least bit inhibited by my salary! I have zero credit card balance, my student loans are almost paid off (they will be this summer), my car has been paid off for a couple years now, I own everything in my apartment, and I have nice things. And I've earned it all. My assets just keep increasing month to month! I am glad for parents who taught me how to live well off of a modest salary. My parents were amazing in how they saved money and spent it. I never ever went without. They bought me my own bassoon for goodness-sake! They have taught me well.

It is possible to be a rich teacher. :)

(not to forget being non-monetarily rich for the work we do)

No comments: