Monday, October 22, 2007

ThE OfF wEeK

So this week isn't going to be one of those blogs that will make you laugh. Nothing really funny happened this week. I'd say it's been my most 'off' week in a long time. But you know, that's okay. We're allowed to have off weeks.

So I had something stolen on Monday. Ms. Petree has her Earth Science kids (who are BRATS!) and I was working on stuff in the lab area and left for like 5 minutes to make copies and when I came back my headphones were stolen. They have major security in the school and the whole rest of the period was them trying to get the kid to fess-up and give me back my headphones. But no one would. Some kid gave my headphones to another kid who then gave them to Ms. Petree. I did get them back. I didn't want it to be a big deal. And I definitely learned my lesson. Everything is staying by my side 100% of the time! Oh, and then some kid, at the end of the class, reached into the garbage and pulled out a spider-man pencil pouch full of drugs and turned them in. They were not his, but he obviously knew whose they were. The kids were going to be searched so the drug-possesser threw them in the trash to recover later. The garbage in the hallway was thrown around the floor because they came back to get the drugs to no avail. Uh, crazy. That's not even the right word for it.

My students (who are NOT the blatant thieves and drug-users) were not angels this week. Someone figured out my first name and half the class was trying to call me that despite me asking them not to, and they were just so disrespectful the whole time. All week. I'm learning how to put my foot down. Everyday I learn something new I need to work on. Be pleasant but firm, Becky says.

Uhm, I am kind of bored after school these days. I kind of just want to come home and sleep. I hate that feeling, but my body is just so tired! I know it's a mix of a lot of things, so I'm just keeping an eye on what is causing it. But yeah, I'm kind of bored. And tired. So that contributed to the off-week.

Good things- there are a couple gals in my class that just never get it and never try...but they were actually getting the stuff this week! I was so elated to see them progress! And I think they were actually excited that they were, too! I did call home to both these girls- thank goodness I speak spanish- even though I'm not sure that made a difference (talking to them I mean). Too bad I don't speak mandarin to talk to some other parents I need to talk with! But needless to say, there is hope for each student!

Two of my roommates had birthdays this week! Monday and Friday! We've had four birthdays in one month flat. Crazy. So burgers, pizza, and partying this week. Always fun. My roommates rock. We have a broad span of ages in our house- 21,22,23,24,25,27,27. Kinda funny. I'm the middle roommate.

Next week is Homecoming week. Monday is "twin day", so I'm going to wear a lab coat like Ms. Petree. And Nick is coming up Veteran's day weekend! I cannot wait to see him! I'm a lucky gal. I just have so many wonderful people in my life- my roommates are such a blessing, my family is awesome, and each of you also help make my life just so great. Thanks for always being there for me. I love each of you!

No comments: