Friday, November 16, 2007

"accepting a divine rhythm to life"

I am hanging in there. It hurts so much that I trusted someone and he hurt me in the biggest way possible. I've cried, but I'm also trying to put my faith to the test- to just know that Heavenly Father has someone even more wonderful for me- and to know I'm supposed to learn from this last relationship (which I have learned a lot). I guess I'll keep the rest of my feelings to myself.

In support of my recent breakup (since they DID meet him!), my fourth period class offered to just 'talk about my feelings' for all of class...of course I objected and continued with the lesson. But that made Aunt Pam laugh, so I had to share that. And Jophie told me he still likes me more. He gave me a snickers bar- how sweet. They really do care about me. And I care about them! Ms. Petree deserves a gold medal for sweetness about everything, too. She just loves me and cares and understood. I'm a lucky gal.

I dyed my hair black. Well, dark brown but it is black. Kinda emo? sure. I'm having fun with it. My students either say "Wow, Ms. Daniel, your hair looks awesome!" or "what did you do to your hair!" A few thought I was blond before. Uh, no. Oh, and I did this Pre-Break-Up, not post.

So Houston update- I just found out that I do have a classroom (sometimes that just isn't the case) and for the first two weeks I'll be learning from other teachers about the Clear Creak grades/lesson plans/etc...and get to set up my labs and such. That'll be fun! I get to be a real teacher! I only have 4 weeks left here! Wow, and I get a real nice paycheck!

I went to see my students play volleyball in the championship and also quite a few of my students were in the musical "Into the Woods." It was fun to see them in that! Turkey day will be with Aunt Karen and family in New York! I'm excited to get away. And meet new family!

This week in Chemistry we've been learning about the different groups on the periodic table and the different trends. With Becky this week, we talked about "how" our students learn and that it's such an individual thing- it seems like such a daunting task to try to reach every single student when they just bolt out of your classroom and you don't get much one-on-one time with them. Being a true teacher is hard and you can easily burden yourself with so much over your students.

Here are some good quotes on patience:
"Patience is not indifference. Actually, it is caring very much, but being willing, nevertheless, to submit both to the Lord and to what the scriptures call the “process of time.”....Patience is always involved in the spiritual chemistry of life—not only when it helps us turn trials and tribulations, the carbon dioxide, as it were, into joy and growth, but also when it builds upon the seemingly ordinary experiences to bring about happy, spiritual outcomes. Patience is, therefore, clearly not fatalistic, shoulder-shrugging resignation; it is accepting a divine rhythm to life; it is obedience prolonged. Patience stoutly resists pulling up the daisies to see how the roots are doing!"
(taken from a great talk by Elder Neal A Maxwell entitled "Patience" http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=647cfc3157a6b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1)

I am going to apply that this week as I am left to wonder about Heavenly Father's eternal plan for me. I know I'm doing good things in my life and I am incredibly blessed for that. I will continue to have faith and learn what will make me a better person. I will turn this experience into joy and growth; I will accept the divine rhythm that is my life. And I will keep my heart open and continue to be the Jenn I am and continue to grow through the trials I'm given, even as silly as this one seems at times.
My friend once heard a proverb that "one cannot see the end, but the end is perfect." So true!

Thanks to all of you who love and care about me- I love you all so much!

No comments: