Sunday, November 11, 2007

from cloud nine...









I just had the most amazing weekend of my life! I can't remember much about the week because ever since Thursday night, I've been in my own world. I do remember that I'm working with classroom management with my kids because they just talk way too much and lack a bit of respect...but I love them and will find my place yet.

So Thursday night NIck flew in from Salt Lake City! it was so great to see him!!!! It has been six months since we've seen each other. Unbelievable! Needless to say it was such a great feeling seeing him there at the airport and being in his arms! He did kiss me right off- so cute!! gotta love it.

We went back to my apartment building- which is just 2 minutes away via metro. He stayed with these nice boys in my ward (that's a church term for the same area that goes to church together...) downstairs. They're all going to grad school or working and were very nice to let Nick stay with them.


Friday morning we headed off to school. Yup, to Wilson High School! I had a lab planned for all of the classes and it was perfect for Nick to be there and help out. He got to meet all my little munchkins. He's heard many of the names, so now he's got faces. They loved him. Even Jophie- who was quite jealous (haha)- Jophie is the one who always jokes about wanting to date me. Yeah, my students- and Ms. Petree- loved Nick. It was a great day!



After school it started raining but we went out anyways! We went to the Washington Monument and walked around the reflection pond and the WWII memorial, the Vietnam memorial, and the Lincoln memorial. We got some great photos (the links are below...). We got lost on the way to the Kennedy center, so we just got extra wet! :) We watched this little concert with an Indian man and a flute- kinda cool. The kennedy center has a great view of the potomac river, we enjoyed that. We also wandered around the Watergate building and got some yummy hazelnut hot cocoa. It was getting pretty cold and we were pretty wet! In the evening we got a huge pizza from Costco and watched Transformers at home on my laptop. We just had a wonderful evening together.

Saturday was another adventure filled day! We went to the Library of Congress- which is a beautiful building! Then we went to the Air and Space Museum. We got to see Dorothy's ruby slippers and a bunch of cool air and space-y things. :) Then we watched a 3-D IMAX about astronauts living in space. We learned a lot from that, it was interesting. Then we had a yummy lunch in Chinatown (which is kind of a sad chinatown). We wanted to do the Operation Spy thing at the Spy Museum but it was sold out. Oh well! We visited the Smithsonian Castle and then we went to the Museum of National History and saw Dinosaurs and other dead animals. Quite the sight! It was getting dark but we walked to the White House and got a picture outside of the lawn and then wandered around to find a metro stop (which isn't hard to find). We just were everywhere!!!! We headed back home eventually and watch Ratatouille and just enjoyed each other's company all evening. We even danced. Nick is the cutest guy ever!

This morning we made french toast for breakfast and then took a long walk around the Arlington Cemetery. It was a beautiful day! The cemetery has some impressive sights- it was very peaceful.

Then I had to leave Nick at the airport this afternoon. I cried (does that surprise you?) - I'm gonna miss him! But it will be okay- we'll see each other after Christmas (he's gonna help me drive to Houston). Anyways, I just want to say that I am such a lucky girl to have Nick in my life. He is more than amazing, and I just feel like such a princess in his presence. He makes me laugh and smile like no one else! I'm sure smitten with that boy! You need to meet him if you haven't! My roommates loved him. I mean, who wouldn't! And the best part is that he's pretty crazy about me, too! I couldn't be happier.
Here are links (they are different so look at both) to our AMAZING photos. There is a plentitude!

Nick and Jenn in DC Part One:
http://byu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2147579&l=7e393&id=17825146

Nick and Jenn in DC Part Two:
http://byu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2147603&l=a0af6&id=17825146

Well, you should check those out. I hope you have a wonderful week! Love you all!

1 comment:

The Hopsons said...

Holy cow! We just called Nick to get the low-down on the weekend and how the "chemistry" was (excuse the pun). But I guess we don't need to now... Looks like it was a fabulous weekend. You're a cute girl, Jenn. We're excited to meet you after Thanksgiving.