Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break= Spring Stress


Last week was spring break. It was not a break. Babin's had me clocked in over 50 hours. I was miserable come the end of the week...all my energy socked out of me. I'm beginning to loathe that place. We were so stinking busy the later part of the week, and working 15 hour shifts with NO break, just killed me. And I couldn't get out of it. They needed all of us. Well, okay, so tears one day got me to go home early... Man. Do you all have any suggestions on what job I could get for the 10-11 weeks of summer? I DO NOT want to do this all summer. I'm not sure the money is even worth it. Not my idea of a break. I had Wednesday and Sunday off.

So if I wasn't at Babin's working my little tail off, I was probably with Jonathan, my neighbor. He's great company. We went to a car show (he loves cars...), and did other fun stuff. Yesterday was Easter, so I invited him to come to Church with me. He enjoyed it (I think!)...and I made a pot roast for dinner (it was SO yummy!) Who knew I could cook. :) I also wore my new easter dress...which I got a Macy's in the KIDS section! yes, a size 16 kids dress fit me perfectly... It was white with big pink and orage polka dots on it and a poofy underskirt. I wore it with my pink easter-style hat. Super cute. :) Plus I was a happy I fit into a kids size! ;) I, uh, keep losing weight, probably from running around at Babin's and not eating. Pants I just got now are too big.

Today is Monday, and I'm back at school. I am SO grateful to be a teacher and to do what I do. I am excited to be back and see my kiddos. I hope they had fun spring breaks! At least more fun than mine!

Leslie is gone again this week. Her little brother is leaving on his mission on Wednesday to Sweden so she went home. Poor thing is so stressed out (family, work, family, work...) and sometimes I get the blunt of it.

Another week...sigh...chao.

No comments: