Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Loser.

So I feel like a loser. I'm not sure exactly why. I am full of way too many emotions. One thing is that I need to move out. I've made plans- May 10th. I'll get my nice new apartment (with a washer/dryer) to myself! I have all my living room and dining room furniture picked out. And a new TV. I'm going to get a sofa, a sofa bed, a sofa-chair, cool TV stand, coffee table, and kitchen table/chairs! I'm still going to be completely out of debt in a year!!! May 10th isn't soon enough. I love my roommate, but she's not the easiest to live with. No need to go into details. I just deal with it. Until now, hence I'm moving out.

The days I don't work in the evenings I always nap. I think that's bad. But that's all my body wants. And it's not like I'm super social during the week. I went to FHE last night, and besides talking to Jacob, it was pointless to drive that far. Nobody, except Jacob and John, cared I was even there. True friends. I'd rather be in bed.

And my students. I really lack respect from my class of boys. They do everything that's annoying possible. From farting, rude comments, stealing diet coke from my mini-fridge, adding too much food to the fishbowl, and MORE obnoxious comments. Not fun. I have like no control over them. Nor my chem chommers, but we have less to worry about content-wise and I like those delinquents.

What am I doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about FHE. That's why I never go anymore. It's a heck of a drive from Galveston to get somewhere only to feel alone. At least I can always justify going to institute.

As for the "This other LDS guy is 'pursuing' me but I'm not really interested" part... I hope that wasn't me you were talking about. I'd still love to take you out sometime... though I guess you kind of have this thing going with Jonathan so I understand if you're still too busy.

Hope you're feeling better. You are in no way a loser. You've been nothing but impressive since I met you. If you ever need an ego boost, just ask me my honest opinion of you next time we talk. You really are an amazing girl. Feel better, ok?

Anonymous said...

hi jen.
i'm thinking we haven't talked since well, high school probably. then we became friends on facebook and then i noticed your blog and read it from time to time. what can i say? blogs interest me. anyhow...transition is hard. moving somewhere new!? starting over?! new job, new friends, new everything.
i can totally identify with "newness." anyway, just wanted to let you know that in this whole "adult-transition" stuff you aren't the only one out there who has bad days and doesn't "know what they are doing." i think it all the time.

anyhow. just thought about that as i read and thought maybe i'd send some encouragment your way. i hope texas and life are treating you well. a new apartment sounds great!