Monday, April 28, 2008

Space School!

So I got a great summer job- teaching at Nasa at their Space School! I had an interview last week and they gave me one of the two prestigious positions as Space School Instructor! We will have groups from Malaysia, Taiwan, India, and all over! Oh, so we have the groups one week at a time (9 total this summer) and they have to build a rocket, a moon-rover, loft into space, and all sorts of cool stuff Mars-related. There are also tours and special conferences with Astronauts and Engineers! Any 'off week' we have will be spent preparing and researching for next summer's ideas for the Space School. How cool is that! It starts right after school ends and goes all summer for me...it'll keep me busy!

http://www.spacecenter.org/SpaceSchool.html

But I'll 'quit' Babin's...at least say I can be 'on call' so I can still get my nice Kemah discount! ;) I worked Saturday night and I forgot how much I hate it. haha.

Countdown to the move- 11 days! I cannot wait. It's not a day too soon.

This week is lame- TAKS testing ALL week. Talk about exhausting- hanging out with the same kids 5 hours straight 4 days in a row. Not fun.

School has been really stressful. I have some really obnoxious kiddos. And I just feel so much pressure. Which I'm doing a dang good job, but it's easy to feel inadequate or just hate life. Which happens daily these days. It's harder than I thought coming in mid year. I feel so lame sometimes!!!!!

Oh, Jonathan? Yeah we're 'dating'...loosely stated... Why the boy doesn't want to commit, beats me, so we're just going slow and 'dating'... Prom is Saturday, though, and he's going with me. That'll be fun.

So other than the Space Center job, my life is lame and not fun at the moment. I'm sure as heck trying but just not succeeding. Life is just getting me down.

No comments: