Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wow...that was amazing


Today I'm in San Antonio! It's about 3-4 hours from where I live. Myself and two other teachers are the chaperones for the 24 high school and junior high kiddos who qualified for the state science fair. We drove over in a nice shuttle bus! They are great kids. I did not know any of them-they're from all the schools in the district. Smart kiddos. We're going to the River walk this evening. I get my own hotel room and it's really a mini vacation. Shall keep you posted.

I left major notes for my substitute. I don't envy them, whoever they are! They've got some crazy kids to keep under control for the next two days. I hope the chem commers are okay! I'm going to be gone two days next week for a Pre-AP teacher seminar, too! Crazy.

Haven't heard back from the Research position yet, but should soon. I also signed up for an AP Physics C week long seminar in July (the school will pay for it). It's at Rice University. Should be helpful since no one knows what to do for that class! Then I'd be ALL set for next year.

I got 'observed' by my Assistant Principal (AP) this week. He came in during Chem Com AND my 8th period boys. My worst classes ever. My chem commers know Mr. Thomas WAY too well because they always get in trouble and he's their AP...but they put on a good show being angels for a change. They like me too much to be retarded when someone else is in the room. I'm sure that was surprising. I wonder what comments I'll get next week when I meet with him (I hate that we have to wait!) And my boys were alright. It wasn't the most fascinating lesson (considering I did three days straight with labs and this was the one day without one!), but still think it went great.

Funny kid comment-
This kid Nick asked me to write him a letter for a character reference, so I was asking him random questions about what he likes to do and what his family is like and such.
So I asked: "How many siblings do you have?"
Nick: "gosh, a lot!"
I looked at him funny.."really, a lot? How many?"
Nick: "A lot."
This other kid realized that NIck misunderstood the question: "Dude, siblings means brothers and sisters!"
Nick: "Oh, I thought you meant cousins!"
hahahahaha.
He has one sister. not a lot. :)


So I adore this boy of mine. He's definitely a quiet fella, but we just feel such peace and joy together. I always can't help but smile around him. We see each other every day... as much as we can! :)

New favorite music- Ingrid Michaelson (I mailed Gail the CD and she loves it...you all should check it out) and Panic at the Disco (they've got a new CD- pretty good...listening to it right now). Check 'em out.

I'm browsing the different cable/internet packages... what do you all think of DVR? Should I get that?

No comments: