Friday, April 4, 2008

moving, dating, teaching, researching

What an interesting week it has been. A lot has changed.

I don't remember if I said I was moving out in May...just down the street to my OWN apartment. I'm stoked. I am purchasing super cute stuff to adorn my place. Needless to say, Leslie and I are better friends than roommates. We've been stressing each other out way to much. So we talked about it and now being a home is a happy place again. I am still moving out, but at least we're best friends again! We went to see 27 dresses at the dollar theatre- SO cute. Best movie ever.

I went to an Astronaut debriefing on monday night at the Space Center. They had a successful mission- we got to watch the boring awards and then see their mission video. I went with Jonathan (but I was supposed to meet some other boy there, whoops. It's all good). We are dating, bytheway. Just kind of happened. :) We spend as much time as possible together (but still go to bed by 10:30!). Went went out for Thai food last night, we make dinner, we play games, watch movies...Saturday afternoon we're going to the beach. He's even going to chaperone Prom with me on May 3rd. haha. I'm happy.

So my kiddos have been crazy lately- some classes- but I've been getting them under control here and there. My 8th period boys are such a handful. Yet my 3rd period are just angels. I have been doing labs every day this week, too. Busy busy. And next week I'm gone for two days going to the Science Fair in San Antonio. And then it's crazy TAKS review for two weeks (the state test...)...and then the last week of April is the TAKS test. Oh yeah- remember how I have that class of seniors who need to pass the TAKS test? Well, almost all of them did! We only have 5 left (and they have 2 more chances...and they were super close). Hooray.

I just applied for this awesome Research position this summer! Pray that I get it- there are only 12 spots! It's a 6 week opportunity at the University of Houston in which the teacher will work with an Engineering Professor and prepare a project to bring back to our students...to help motivate them to take a career in science/engineering. I'd be like a graduate student for the 6 weeks- with my own office and everything. :) And for physics next year- that's PERFECT. It starts the week right after school's out and goes through mid-July. And the best part- up to a $6,000 or $7,000 stipend! That means I would not have to work at Babin's AT ALL and STILL have a month of real summer to enjoy! (I am now only working one night a week at Babin's but this summer would be crazy.) I will let you know when I know.

No comments: