Friday, June 20, 2008

One Crazy Day

Such is my life. Full of craziness and adventure. Did I ever say my life was boring? Well, I take that back. I guess it NEVER is boring!

So today I knew Lucki wasn't going to make it to work- she was really sick last night and her hubby called me this morning. So I headed to work just a tad early because I knew I'd have to do a lot to get ready for the day without her. And uhm, so I'm in the turn lane almost to work and I hit something and my tire goes flat. My front left tire, just fyi. I try to call Jamie, my boss, and have to leave a message. I call poor sick Lucki. I call my dad (who thinks I can change a tire on my own...thanks for having faith in me but I'm just not able to do that). I call Geico only to find out it'd cost me $65 for someone to come help me. So I get out of my car and immediately this nice latin dad and son stop their produce truck to help me change my tire muy rapido! They were awesome.

Spares are supposed to get you about 50 miles, right? Well I turn into the parking lot and the spare dies on me. I'm no where even near where I need to, but at least my car is in a parking lot. So I make the trek to work and tell the secretary, Toni, what happened. Mind you, I'm a half hour late and no one has even noticed. Why? Because Jamie is sick, too! And Dave, the other Space School 'boss' is also sick! It's JUST me today. So Toni got my credit card and some nice people who work somewhere in the building towed my car to a safer place, inspected the dead tire, BOUGHT a new tire, and replaced it so I can get home tonight. WOW. That all happened while I was at work this morning.

I had so much to do this morning to prep for space schoolers...I managed all right. Thank goodness for helpful people. And patient kiddos. Too bad it rained on our rocket launch. :(

So we have a graduation banquet for them- and I'm the only one who will be there- so I'm in charge! Crazy. That's about a 12 hour day. Goodness. Luckily I called my friend Ryan and he was free tonight so he can come to the banquet with me. That'll be nice. I'm almost space-schooled-out. But I love these kids, and I've had a smile on my face all day. Life is funny. But I am proud of myself for handling this craziness so well. sigh. We're all ready for next week because of me, too. busy little me. I missed my cat today. Can't wait to see him.

such is the life of Jenn. thanks for being avid readers of mi vida loca. :) I love you all!

No comments: