Monday, January 26, 2009

centripetal motion

Today we were talking about centripetal acceleration and forces and this gal mentioned the song, "This Kiss" by Faith Hill that says "centripetal motion" in the chorus. lol. happy.

Last week was probably the roughest week teaching I've had. The kids were just out of control and it was such a stressful week. Super hard material, unmotivated students, etc. I called 12 parents this morning to fix behavior issues in 2 classes. Luckily my B-day block classes behave better (I've worked hard with them) so maybe my A-day ones will get better now that I've called home. I had some of the rudest kids last week, too! Attitude! It sure didn't make me want to have teenagers. Arguments over cell phones, at that. Gosh. Ridiculous. Don't argue with the teacher, please. Also, my AP Physics class has some intense material these days. It's pretty crazy. I feel sorta inadequate, yet I know I'm still doing a good job. Well, I could always do a better job. I think that is so frustrating about teaching. I often reflect upon each day and know how to do better next time I teach it. Heck, even the next class I change things to teach them better.

That frustration has been wearing on me emotionally and physically. I have been so tired! All last week I came home and took a nap. That's all I felt like doing. And I've been going 'off' my diet coke and that's been another physical handicap. My students motivate me, though. They're sweet. Today I was reminded that I do have some awesome students who do love me. That makes up for the mean ones who don't. I needed that. "Hey Ms. Daniel, you're my favorite teacher!" awww. shucks. My students also just motivated me to get a gym membership at LA Fitness. I got a really good deal and it'll totally get me up and moving. I can lose my Christmas pounds and up my stamina of working out. My workout today rocked. And I can't wait for cycling classes! :)

I also bumped into a car last night. I scratched it with my license plate. my bad. I am mad at myself for a lot of stupid things lately.

Despite being overly-analytical and slightly crazy, I hope this is a start to a turn around. I gotta get out of this centripetal motion!

No comments: