Saturday, January 17, 2009

sevice saturday


Today was fabulous! I got to do Habitat for Humanity early this morning with church people. It was great to get my hands dirty! I learned a lot, too. I need to get a more heavy-duty hammer, not the 'wimpy' one I have. :) We used soffits, J-hooks (maybe that's the wrong name), clippers, siding...all sorts of good stuff. Suzanne and I helped put up the framework on the inside and 'ceiling' of the porch and then put the siding up. It was cool to see what we accomplished! Plus, Suzanne and I bonded a lot! :) A group of us also had lunch at quite possibly the most ghetto chinese restaurant in Houston. lol.

I also went to the temple (easy travel made possible by my new EZ-Tag). It was great to go to a session. I have a lot on my mind so it was good to feel like I'm doing something right. I saw Aubrey's aunt there. Small world.

Gosh, so that was my crazy, service-filled Saturday!

No comments: