Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mario Kart and Love Analogy

I thought up this analogy yesterday after playing Mario Kart on my DS. Hope it makes you laugh.

Mario Kart is like relationships. I was always bad at this game because I would hold down the A button ALL the time and whenever a corner came up I usually ran into the wall. I just couldn't get how other people had such good control and could speed right past me. They turned the corner without flinching. I usually had to turn around or I fell in the water and something had to pull me out. Not to mention it was frustrating.

Yesterday as I was improving my gaming skills I thought about how we really take corners in a real car- we actually have to lift up the acceleration for a bit to turn correctly. So I tried doing that with the A button I had come to rely on. In letting go, I really was able to make the corners. Now I can actually be competition for Stephen and Lucki!

So in bed last night I thought about how I totally play the game of Love and Relationships just like Mario Kart. I hold down the A button and just let things happen too fast and then end up crashing and end up without something good. I never get to enjoy what's around the corner because I 'die' before then. Lately, I've been really trying hard to ease up and let the 'corner' come naturally...and I think that is the key. And I think it's working. Or at least it will work when it's meant to. When I worry less and enjoy the courting process maybe I will make it around the corner to a solid relationship. Let up on the A button of love.

That's what I get for being bad at games. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha oh sister :)you're so funny! I love you & your analogy!

Anonymous said...

haha oh sister :)you're so funny! I love you & your analogy!

Jenn said...

I try. :)