Monday, September 3, 2007

DC, baby



I arrived this evening in D.C..... Long day of flying and a fun taxi driver to boot. I was locked out for 45 minutes or so because none of my roommates were around. There are seven of us living together. I was a bit hesitant of this situation because we’re ALL student teaching (some elementary ed some secondary) and basically have the same schedules and activities…that’s almost like having 6 mission companions at once! 24/7. But I really don’t think it’s gonna be that bad. I have met all but one so far and they just seem great. We’re all girls with confidence and willing to take a challenge in life. I like them a lot so far. Oh, did I mention our penthouse is beautiful?!?! It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a den, living room, dining room and kitchen. It looks brand new. I have the den room to myself. I will get a bed and stuff- but the furniture doesn’t arrive until Tuesday. Our complex has a 24 hr gym, a convenience store, a computer lab with printers and coffee, and a pool. We’re superduper close to everything. The city of Arlington/Crystal City is mostly underground! The stores and such that is. We’re on the 12th floor! I'd say we're pretty spoiled here. Pretty dang spoiled.

Tomorrow is a chill day (groceries!) and then Tuesday we start our week of orientation with our BYU coordinator lady, Becky. That’ll be grand. I shall keep you posted!

No comments: