Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Sister

So Jessica came to visit! Hooray!

Friday we went to Space Center Houston- I had to work. But she got to meet all of my cool India kids! It was pretty fun. She got to see and experience all I do there! And the banquet was nice as well.

Saturday we went to the Zoo- it was SO hot and all the animals were so sleepy! And the otters were hiding. :( haha. We also went to the Museum of Fine Arts...then we met up with Lucki at the Cypress Outlet Mall. We found some GREAT deals! How fun! My new signature scent is Burberry London. ooh lala. Then we went to the Luau up in the cypress area (church event). We ate, watched the dancing, and left. We had a long day...and I felt bad making my sister hang out with church friends. haha.

Sunday we slept in and then went to Church. I talked to the Bishop about Sam...and while that was going on Sam found Jessica and talked with her (it wasn't bad, she just didn't really want to talk with him because he broke my heart, but they were very very nice to each other nonetheless). The Bishop has no clue what's wrong with Sam. Me either. He wants to be my friend but I'm finding that VERY hard to do. He's frustrating me. No comment.

So after Church my sister and I wandered- and got lost- in the Galleria mall. What a ridiculous mall! So many expensive stores! I found a couple jeans (on sale of course). We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and then the mall closed and we got lost getting back to our car! We walked sooooo much! It was kind of annoying. but funny.

So Monday was a nice day- Jessica was kind enough to help me set up my classroom- mainly all the posters. It took a lot of work so I really appreciated her help! Then after we went to Galveston with Lucki! We got some sun...and then Lucki got heat rash so we had to get her home. At least we got an hour at the beach....her rash was SO bad! poor thing! My sister still insisted that we go to the pool when we got back, so we did. Then we wandered around Kemah and ate at Joe's Crab Shack and then went to Lucki's and watched their wedding video! It was funny! (because of their comments!) I also asked why Stephen's nickname is Stevebob...Lucki said that some friend called him that like sponge bob...then I said but what about the steve part? haha. I really didn't think about the connection! Stephen is such a Stephen to me, not Steve!!!! haha

Tuesday was full of craziness. We went to the Aquarium (SO lame- it took like 5-10 minutes to walk through. Don't ever go there). Then we went to the Museum of Natural Science. The Chemistry part was really cool- but everything cost more- like to go to the IMAX (which we did) or the Rock museum (which was funny- my sister thought it was a Hard Rock and Roll museum not just a rock museum!). Then we went to the coolest museum- the health museum. It was SO fun and interactive. You have to go to that one! We also went out to eat at Rice Village at my fav thai place. Then we ran into traffic on the way home. I also embarrassed Jessica by asking someone where the restroom was at Academy (a sports store)...and well that person clearly didn't work there. It was awkward. whoops. We went to the Bay Area Mall and Jessica got a few things. And the infamous Plato's closet. haha. Then we watched Hitch. Every night was a different movie...she can't fall alseep without that. Oh, and we went to the pool again that night.

Our last day was pretty chill- we went back to Nasa with my friend Sean and took the tour of Mission Control, ISS Mock up, and Rocket Park. And souvenirs...haha. Then we went to the pool all afternoon. I got a little burnt. Then Andrew took us out to dinner at a fun Hibachi grill and then we went hottubbing. Then my sister made me watch From G's to Gents. haha.

We cried saying goodbye today. I'm really proud of who she is. I really care about what she thinks of me and we are really close for being sisters. We don't always see eye to eye but we really do love and care about one another- and love so many things about each other. I learned a lot about her this week. She's grown up so much and she's just such a sweet, wonderful person. She cares so much. She's funny and beautiful. Gosh, she's so pretty. She's also not afraid to put me in my place. Sometimes I can be a bit selfish or thoughtless. She's strong and confident, yet has such a soft side. I love her so much. I already miss her. I wish I could put into words how much I love her and adore her for who she is. Love you, Boo!

No comments: