Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day

So today was the first day of school. It was quite an interesting day. First we had homeroom to hand out schedules. Borrrrring. Then I had first period conference...then advisory. We had advisory for like 1.5 hours! Way too much time. I entertained them with making them get to know each other (which for 10th graders is quite uncomfortable for them). I had fun. My 2nd period physics class was very nice. 3rd period was a little hyper- they're going to be interesting. A handful. And my AP Physics C kids....oh goodness. I was telling them about my Nasa job...and then as I was handing stuff out and this kid who I was near had the nerve to say this to me "Oh, sorry we weren't impressed about your Nasa experience. Like 8 of us our on the Robonaut team and two of our dads are astronaut's." (one being his dad.). Matt said I should have said "Well what have YOU done" because he doesn't like kids who think they're all that because their parents are accomplished. Good point. And the science dept head said that was typical of that certain kid and next time I should just turn it into an assignment (say, write a paper on what it's like to be an astronaut's kid) and he'll never talk again. Brainiacs. Total 180 from my other classes. Oh, and I have a couple of my fav students from last year!

It's going to be an interesting year! Tomorrow is the second first day (block) and we shall see what's in store...crazy....

No comments: