Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Don't Trip.

So we've gotten through two weeks of school. And now it's the end of the third week. We just had school canceled Thursday and Friday for Hurricane Ike. So just FYI...it's going to be over Saturday and I am up north with my best bud Aubrey at her Aunt's house. I did leave Mac alone (partially because the aunt can't handle cats, second because he'll really be fine). Anyways, it's going to all be okay.

School. so far so good. yesterday's AP class was CRAZY. I think I scared them to death. First, I handed back lab reports and I think they were disappointed. I graded hard (which I didn't think I did). Then I gave them a quiz- open note/book- just a problem from the book and over half of them got like 3/15 right (we graded it like an AP free response question). So they were probably upset by that. And then I tried teaching them about how the integral of velocity is displacement----and so I tried teaching them HOW to do integrals...and they haven't 'learned it ' yet in Calculus...so I tried and easy approach...and some got it. So I think I stressed them out big time. BUT they got some comic relief, unintentionally. This was my finest teaching moment....you ready....brace yourself...I tripped over this kid's backpack and then fell on top of a pile of meter sticks. Yup. I pile of meter sticks. I fell. completely. It took me a few minutes to regain composure.

We had a fun lab this week- rolly ball lab- trying to take the velocity of different balls in the hallway.

I've had a lot of fun lately with Aubrey, Lucki, Matt (my teacher friend who keeps me sane), Derek, Andrew, and everyone. Life is pretty dang good. (Granted that the hurricane doesn't destroy my stuff and kill my cat. I pray that won't happen.) Well, on that note I'm going to go....

No comments: