Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rock and Roll

Ms. Daniel is not square (according to my students now that I enjoy Led Zeppelin...lol).

So last night I got dolled up to see a Led Zeppelin cover band (Zoso) at the House of Blues.  Now I have to admit a week ago I was not a fan, but I have repented of my LZ ignorance and even bought a cd on iTunes and have become a fan.  Heck, I'm even listening to it now as I write this.
  I met Spencer downtown (even found a spot RIGHT next to his car. crazy I know). We went to dinner at the House of Blues (best ribs ever!) and then we were ready to Rock and Roll (which is a LZ song, pun intended).  The opening band was lame- but it was really funny when he threw his bass down at the end!  No, he didn't break it. He just threw it
 angrily.  Weird.  Then we had to wait awhile for Zoso to come on, but it was so worth it!  I loved seeing how excited Spencer was!  He was quite impressed with them (this is not his first LZ cover band experience).  The lead guitar guy rocked like no other, and the drummer was pretty dang impressive.  The singer was alright but I thought he was so fun to watch!  Robert Plant must've been a character if he looked, moved, and dressed like that. Guess that goes for all of them!  But guess that's their rite for being the greatest rock band of all time.  I did recognize a number of songs and had fun rockin' out.  I should not have worn heels (dang it for trying to look cute!) and am suffering from hearing loss today.  :)   

The band played until past 12:30!  Hard core. Spencer turned 30 at midnight during concert.   We made sure we knew when it was midnight to wish him a proper happy 30th birthday!  After the concert we walked back to our cars (I hobbled without shoes on) and I had his bday surprise waiting for him...
I found out from Jeff that he loves German Chocolate Cake...so I made him a really pretty and yummy cake with a big 3-0 on it (and stairs on the side for a tribute to LZ).  I had a few cupcakes in which I put the band symbols on them so we could enjoy a cupcake and blow out a candle (sorta) that evening. 


Happy Birthday!



So after that I spent the night at Suzanne's.  She lives like 5 minutes from downtown. Totally jealous. We stayed up until 2ish...  Then in the morning we had Aubrey, Nadya (spelled it right!), and Lisa over for waffles!  Cute girls. Fun.  We went to the cemetery service project and avoided getting poison ivy. We must have loaded a dozen or more bags with leaves!  We somehow avoided this weird guy staring at us because we wouldn't eat there (what? exactly.) and then changed clothes to go to the Art Car Parade.  It was a blast! I got tons of great photos!

Weird Cars
Weird People
Reasons to love Houston
 Love it.

From being sweaty and sunned-out, we all crashed at Suzanne's (Aubs on the floor, Suzanne in the armchair, and me on the couch) and fell asleep for an hour...then mustered up the energy to go to the bbq.  Tons of fun. Eating good bbq, playing ultimate water frisbee and hanging out with my awesome friends. Even went on a motorcycle ride (but got scared bad). 

Eventually I made it home. Here I am.  Tired as tired can be.  Feet still sore, a bit sun burnt, and my feet still hurt!  But it was all worth it!  It was a fabulous weekend!


Oh, funny things that I misunderstood today (from being deaf!)
1. Suzanne- "We need machinery." (in reference to getting weeds up)
Me- "Missionaries?"

2. Suzanne and everyone was talking about Art Cars.
I really thought they meant Art Carts (like craft carts with artsy things like jewelry? yeah. my bad)

3. Overheard a conversation that James Earl Jones was buried in the cemetery we were in.
Nope, Jim Willard Jones.  JEJ is alive anyways. Whatever.

4. Aubrey saying she had bleach on her pants and asked me to see if I noticed.
I did not hear bleach but noticed her pants moved funny. I think we're still confused on that one.

5. Steven asked "how was the concert?"
Me- "Who's Hunter?"

That my friends was my last 30 hours. good times. good times.

rock and roll. rock on.

No comments: