Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hope

Just got back from Conference weekend. The talk that impacted me the most was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on Hope. That I need to have patience perseverance. Hope that things with happen. Hope for the future, that my life will fulfill its many purposes. Hope for now, that I'm doing right things. Still, it's a lot to absorb and think about.

I have a lot of random things to share from the last few weeks, so bare with me. First off, I have some great friends. I am so glad I have Lucki and Stephen. Stephen and I went bike riding last week and I got a flat tire (on my bike!). So then we went on a 3 mile jog. Go us! Lucki never works out (and stays skinnier than a stick). I am staying pretty fit and thin. Not that I eat like a health nut, but I'm trying. Aubrey and I have spent a lot of time together, too. We went to Space Center Houston before we had to go back to school, we've had a couple sleepovers and whatnot. It's interesting to see how my friends have changed since I got here. When I moved here in January I had my roommate and then all the "friendswood" church people. Now I'm not really good friends with many of them. Only one came to my bday party. Now all my friends are in the singles ward. Granted, they live at least 30 minutes from me, but I also have Lucki and Stephen who live only 5 minutes from me. And Matt my physics teacher friend who lives in my building.

Just fyi, Jessica and I are best friends! We talk every day. I love the pictures she sends me over the phone. We have become super close. For her bday present from her boyfriend, Zach, she asked me to get her a coach purse from the Coach Outlet here in Houston. So I did and I just sent it too her. How funny. :) I can't wait to go home for Christmas! Mike is going to come visit me up there, too. I'm done with my Christmas shopping- jealous? :) Gail just had her birthday, too. She enjoyed the socks and earrings I got her (hey, that's what she asked for!).

Mac has a girlfriend now. Just kidding. But my friend Celeste has a pretty orange girl cat named Chanel. Mac and Chanel are both makeup brands! So we're saying that Mac is about to propose...and then they can have pretty kitties named Dolce & Gabbana. lol. (they are both spayed/neutered). Mac is currently sporting a bandana that is black with orange BOO words all over it. He has a ghost one, too. :) And I found the cutest welcome sign that says "Black Cat Crossing" all orange and black and semi-sparkly. Other changes to my apartment are cute flower arrangements. Dee says I could be an interior designer. That'd be fun! :)

So speaking of my real job. We didn't go back until Sept 26th. Then the kids came back that last Monday. We've been busy. But I feel on top of the world when it comes to school. I am done with grades, have called more than enough parents of kids with bad grades, have my lesson plans done for the next 3 weeks, am challenging my AP class... I am actually feeling like an awesome teacher. Don't worry, I will be humbled soon I'm sure. But I feel like I'm doing what I should. One of my kids from last year dropped out and I'm trying to help get him back. He was one of those chem-chommers (the class of 5 that drove me crazy). But I was his favorite teacher. I mean, he didn't skip my class and would skip other classes just to say hi. And now he's not in school. I want so badly to help him. So I've been talking with his AP and the attendance officer. I am also earning extra bucks doing TAKS tutorials. And the Australian NASA events have been quiet lately but starting next week I have like 3 a week!

Tomorrow I shall get my hair cut, bring my new beta fish to school, replace my left brake light, try to act smart for my AP kids, and who knows what else. I like riding my bike to school, too (but not with my fish).

Mac says hello. or meow. Here's a link for pictures.
The last Couple weeks in photos

No comments: